Stahly: In this post we want to review the progress of our painting for our "Tale of Mega Painters" project, a motivational project by Garfy and I. Basically we want to push ourselves to paint up a Dark Eldar and Necron Megaforce respectively, in my case to start a new army, in Garfy's case to bulk out his Necrons. More about "Tale of Mega Painters" can be found here. Click after the jump to see all the models we painted this month.


In February I assembled a unit of 10 Kabalite Warriors. I didn't manage to paint all of them, but five of them are done and three more are almost finished. It was really exciting to see how my proposed paint scheme would look like on an unit level, also I used my recently purchased airbrush for the first time as I primed them.

This month I want to complete my unit of Kabalite Warriors, put up a tutorial on how to paint them on Tale of Painters, assemble a Raider and get done most of the paintwork on the Raider. Let's see how it's going.


Garfy: Looking back over the past month, I can sum my side of the project up in two words. EPIC FAIL. I've assembled six models and applied a rust effect that doesn't work (trust me to give away the good one and buy a dud replacement). There isn't really much more to say in retrospect, so I'm going to look forward instead...

... March is going to be Necron month! I'm going to receive a replacement pot of rust in the next day or so and finish these six monstrosities off quickly. Then I want to paint at least two more units for the force in March, A vehicle and infantry squad. Perhaps an Annihilation Barge and squad of Deathmarks (both are changes to my original army list suggested by readers)