Hey guys, Lecoqadoodledo here with a recent project. I and several others were asked to paint up a Primaris Marine each for our local store, in various schemes to show off the new sculpt. I decided on Blood Ravens because I’ve always liked the colour palette but never had the chance to try it out. Overall I kept each colour straightforward as I only had a few days to paint it. I aimed for just a real clean paint job, and I’m pretty happy with how it came out.


The Chapter symbol was the one aspect I was worried about, as symmetrical symbols are generally the hardest thing for me to paint. I made a minor change to the way the ravens’ wings are done, just so that it would fill more of the shoulder pads space.


I’ve always liked painting deep reds such as this. It starts with a basecoat of Khorne Red, a recess wash of Agrax Earthshade, and then edge highlights of Evil Sunz Scarlet, followed by Wild Rider Red. I also learnt, not to varnish models before taking pictures, as my current lighting does weird things to the finish.

Hope you’ve all liked it, I’m a big fan of these new marines (despite them needing way more highlighting), and can’t wait to get my hands on more!​